lph Storm 6-5 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey Leag

in Mitglieder des Hähnchenführes 10.01.2019 13:38
von riluowanying123 • 2.174 Beiträge

There never was a question in Bubba Watsons mind that he was going to the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro next week, even as other top players dropped out over fears of the Zika virus.Watson also said he always was going to defend his title in the Travelers Championship this week, even though it means he will miss the opening ceremonies in Rio.We took that into consideration, about (how) the Olympics just throws the whole schedule off, said Watson, who also claimed the Travelers at TPC River Highlands for his first PGA Tour victory in 2010. One week throws the whole schedule off, how they had to do things. And I was fourth in the world for the last two years, so I knew I had a good shot at making the Olympic team, so we had to prepare for that.It was a no-brainer never to miss (the Travelers). This was never coming off the schedule. Weve always planned on being here. No matter what happened, I was going to be here. So Im missing opening ceremonies ... so Im just going to fly in for the golf tournament and then fly out.Watson will be playing in the Travelers Championship for the 10th time, and he has five finishes in the top 10.However, it wasnt love at first sight for him at TPC River Highlands in Cromwell, Conn.You know, it started back in 2006 when I didnt like this place, said Watson, who shot 73-72--145 that year and missed the cut by five strokes. After I missed the cut, I said, Ill never come back.So (Travelers) came in with a different approach and with a different way of looking at the event. Its an event, and it happened to be a golf event. ... Every golf tournament is a charity event. We raise a lot of dollars for the local community, and thats all that Travelers was talking about to me.So I said, You know what, Im going to give it another shot.It was Andy Bessette, the chief executive officer of Travelers, who won over Watson.Earlier this year at TPC River Highlands, Bessette gave Watson a shout-out for not turning his back on the Travelers Championship at media day for the tournament.Bubba, thank you for being a part of (the tournament) this year, and we really appreciate it because we know it kind of overlaps and flips around with the Olympics and the opening ceremonies, but thank you for being here, said Bessette, who won the hammer throw in the 1980 U.S. Olympic Trials.However, he missed the Games in Moscow because the United States boycotted in protest of the Soviet Unions invasion of Afghanistan.There is a phrase in sports that there are horses for courses, and Watson definitely has courses that suit him.Of his nine PGA Tour victories, two have come in the Masters at Augusta National, two in what was then the Northern Trust Open (now the Genesis Open) at Riviera and two in the Travelers.In 2010, he closed with a 4-under-par 66 at TPC River Highlands and won a playoff over Scott Verplank and Corey Pavin with a par on the second extra hole.Last year, he led much of the way after opening with a 62 but needed a 12-foot birdie putt on the second playoff hole to turn back Paul Casey of England.I got lucky, said Watson, who also tied for second in the 2012 Travelers and finished solo fourth in 2013. Paul, in the playoff I ended up beating him. But its just exciting, this golf tournament.Its just everything else, coming here as a past champion, they treat you little different. They just treat you with more respect, even though I dont know how they can do more, but they do more, and then winning it for the second time, I cant wait to get back here again and just feel the excitement and get pumped up, get the goosebumps from all the cheers that Im going to have this year, hopefully Ill have this year. ...Im always feeling good about it around here. I get excited. This golf course suits me.Right from the horses mouth. Ultra Boost Sale . The veteran safety was a starter for the Bengals from 2008-2012. He totaled 41 tackles and three interceptions while starting all but four of the 13 games he played last season. Ultra Boost Discount .B. -- The Baie-Comeau Drakkar took over sole possession of first place atop the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League on Thursday with their sixth straight win. http://www.cheapultraboostsaleus.com/ . Sgt. Eric ONeal says most of the arrests at Monday nights game were for public drunkenness, though one person was taken into custody on suspicion of trying to steal a seat from the stadium. Adidas Ultra Boosts For Sale . -- Damian Lillard and LaMarcus Alrdridge were again the go-to duo for the Trail Blazers against the Kings. Cheap Ultra Boost . -- Charlie Graham stopped 67 shots as the Belleville Bulls edged the visiting Guelph Storm 6-5 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action. NEW YORK -- David Wright says Jose Reyes actions in a domestic-violence dispute were horrible, but he is pleased his former teammate is being given a second chance by the New York Mets.Wright and Reyes were teammates in New York from 2004-11, before Reyes left to sign a $106 million, six-year contract with Miami. Reyes was traded to Toronto and then Colorado, which released him last month after Reyes served a 59-day domestic violence suspension.Major League Baseball imposed the penalty after Reyes got involved in an altercation with his wife last October that initially resulted in a criminal charge, later dropped. Reyes signed a minor league contract with the Mets last weekend and is expected to join the big league team soon.I feel like what he did was awful, terrible, theres just no other way around it. Wright said Friday. Hes done what he can do to earn a second chance. If hes going to be given a second chance, I think this is a good place for him. I think hes comfortable here. II think this is home for him.dddddddddddd And again, I cant say it enough, what he did is something that is horrible and should never have done. So I hope that hes learned his lesson.A four-time All-Star shortstop, Reyes has shifted to third base in the Mets minor league system and could take over the position while Wright recovers from surgery last month to repair a herniated disk in his neck. Wright said Friday that he may not return from the surgery until 2017 .Ive talked to him a lot recently. Hes asked some questions about third base, said Wright, the Mets captain. I think hes going to bring up a ton of energy, and I think thats something that we could really use, his dynamic on field, his speed, his charisma. I think his ability, what he brings to the baseball field, is something that could really be a kind of pick me up for this team and the fans. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: alerieoyle
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15623 Themen und 16126 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor