ay to win, he said. And you cant ever come awa

in Mitglieder des Hähnchenführes 16.04.2018 16:16
von riluowanying123 • 1.254 Beiträge

ATLANTA -- It has been open season on UFC champions in 2016. That trend continued this weekend.Robbie Lawler became the seventh UFC champion to fall this year, suffering a first-round knockout defeat to Tyron Woodley?on Saturday night at UFC 201.The end of Lawlers title reign, which began in December 2014, was swift: One crushing right hand by Woodley put Lawler away at the 2:12 mark, making it the fastest finish in UFC?welterweight title fight history.Woodley (16-3), a former teammate of Lawlers at American Top Team in Coconut Creek, Florida, admitted it was bittersweet taking the title from an opponent he admired. Woodley, 34, now trains out of an ATT affiliate he opened in St. Louis.I was relaxed in the back, Woodley said. I was nervous that I wasnt nervous. I knew what Robbie brought to the table. Hes a tough competitor. This is not the first fight I would have picked. Hes a friend of mine, and I admire his career. Hats off to Robbie. Ever since I stepped in this Octagon, Ive had this mission. It feels amazing.Lawler, who suffered just the second knockout loss of his career and the first since 2004, gave Woodley credit for the win.It is what it is, Lawler said. He feinted me, my hand went down, he threw a punch over the top and it caught me. I expected that kind of stuff, but I was sitting back a little bit, not moving like I needed to. He took advantage.Woodley is known for his piston-like overhand right, and it showed up in the biggest fight of his career. He came out in the opening minutes circling away from Woodley, giving away the center of the Octagon.Lawler (27-11) happily took the middle and started pursuing Woodley with measured punches and kicks. He blocked Woodleys first right hand of the night and then fended off an attempt at a takedown in the clinch. Lawler did show a lot of respect to Woodleys power, which might have contributed to the knockdown. According to Fightmetric research, Lawler threw only seven total strikes.We just knew Robbie would be well-prepared for takedowns and hit me with knees and uppercuts, Woodley said. I used a little speed, a blitz to cover the gap. I saw the opening and went for the right hand. Something kept telling me the right hand would be open.Saturday marked the fifth knockout of Woodleys UFC career.The UFC title ends a long road for Woodley to reach the top. After suffering a lackluster loss to Rory MacDonald in June 2014, Woodley won back-to-back fights against Dong Hyun Kim and Kelvin Gastelum. He was then scheduled to fight former champion Johny Hendricks last October, but the fight was canceled the day before because Hendricks couldnt make weight.Rather than take on another fight, Woodley elected to wait for a title fight against Lawler, even though it wasnt guaranteed. It worked out, but he told ESPN.com before Saturday he would never allow an opponent to dictate his fight schedule again. As a newly crowned champion, that shouldnt be an issue.His first challenge might come in the form of Stephen Thompson (13-1). A former professional kickboxer, Thompson is on a seven-fight win streak, which includes wins against Johny Hendricks and MacDonald.Woodley, however, said he would prefer a bigger payday against either Nick Diaz or former longtime champion Georges St-Pierre.Diaz (26-9) is set to come off an 18-month suspension for marijuana metabolites on Aug. 1. St-Pierre (25-2) vacated the title in 2013, but has publicly commented on a potential comeback multiple times in recent months.I think Nick Diaz comes off suspension in two days. I would love to fight him at UFC 202, Woodley said. I think he deserves it. Hes a guy whos been around the sport for a long time, puts a lot of butts in the seats, sells a lot of pay-per-views.Or I would like to fight Georges St-Pierre in New York City. Stephen Thompson said he wanted to fight Robbie Lawler. He said it was a better matchup, fans would be excited to watch. Hell get an opportunity for that fight. Mark Fayne Jersey . During the athletes parade, the 23-strong Ukrainian team was represented by a lone flagbearer in an apparent protest at the presence of Russian troops in Ukraines Crimean peninsula. Jussi Jokinen Jersey . Los Angeles star goalie survived those perilous gymnastics with no problem, and he eventually backstopped the Kings to a skid-snapping win. Quick stopped 27 shots in his return from a 24-game injury absence, Jeff Carter scored the tiebreaking goal with 7:55 to play, and the Kings snapped their five-game losing streak with a 3-1 victory over the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday night. http://www.authentichockeyshopoilers.com/Cam-Talbot-Jersey/ . The 15th-ranked Canadian men lost the opening two games of their European tour: 19-15 to No. 17 Georgia and 21-20 to No. Oscar Klefbom Jersey .Y. - Jerome Samson scored once in regulation and again in the shootout as the St. Matt Benning Jersey . -- James Young couldnt wait to apply those tweaks to his jump shot, and the first one he made against UT Arlington told him it could be a good night. AUBURN, Ala. -- Clemson was scoreless in the first quarter, went nearly the final 10 minutes without a point and survived a late touchdown to eke out the victory.The description fit not only Saturday nights 19-13 opening victory over Auburn but also No. 2 Clemsons 20-17 early game against Louisville last season. It was the offenses lowest scoring game of 2015.Clemson then won a similarly close one over Notre Dame before resuming its points-aplenty march to the national title game. Quarterback Deshaun Watson is hoping this one will also be a growth experience.Were going to build confidence, Watson said. We had a lot of experience made and were battle-tested right out of the gate. It is a great learning lesson for all the guys, especially the younger guys.The performance for both Watson and Clemson was more workman-like than spectacular, nothing like top-ranked Alabamas 52-6 romp over No. 20 USC.The common refrain for Clemson after the game was, as center Jay Guillermo said, any win is a good win.Clemson didnt have that win secured until Sean Whites desperation heave into the end zone fell incomplete on the final play.It gave Clemson a chance to stare down a serious challenge before presumed mismatches against Troy and South Carolina State. Coach Dabo Swinney was focusing on the positive.Its a great experience for our team, Swinney said. Early in the season to have an experience like that in that type of environment, thats really something we can build on.Great teams get better, and I think thats exactly what were going to do.The 19 points and 399 total yards were pedestrian compared to last seasons avverages by Watson & Co.dddddddddddd But the three top playmakers all had their moments.Watson was 19-of-34 passing for 248 yards with an interception and a touchdown. Auburn limited him to 21 rushing yards on 11 carries.Wayne Gallman ran for 123 yards and Mike Williams had a splashy return from a neck injury that sidelined him nearly all last season. He had nine catches for 174 yards but lost a fumble. An offense that was 13th nationally in third-down conversions last season converted just 6 of 17 attempts and failed on two of three fourth-down plays.There were also a couple of clock management issues.Clemson burned back-to-back timeouts late in the first half. The first came when the person signaling in the play couldnt hear the call, and the second happened when one player in the huddle didnt know the play. Clemson settled for a field goal.Thats the kind of stuff that will make you pull your hair out, Swinney said.He also made a surprising decision to go for it on fourth down at the end of the game when a 34-yard field goal would have put it away. That came after Gallman was knocked out of bounds to stop the clock on a third-down play.Auburn made the stop and drove into Clemson territory, but couldnt make Swinney pay for his decision.Guillermo wasnt too concerned that the offense didnt put up gaudy stats.We play the game for us, and we want to put on a show obviously. But youve always got to find a way to win, he said. And you cant ever come away from a win disappointed. China Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Online ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher
1 Mitglied und 5 Gäste sind Online:
linzhihong18

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: kontawgok
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 7897 Themen und 8122 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor