TRockies hitting coach Blake Doyle was throw

in Mitglieder des Hähnchenführes 17.04.2018 10:04
von MJL456 • 666 Beiträge

STORRS, Conn. -- Connecticut coach Geno Auriemma didnt expect his young Huskies to be undefeated six games into the season and says he has no idea what to expect this month when they face four ranked teams.The No. 2 Huskies (6-0), who returned just two starters from the team that won the programs fourth straight national title last spring, have extended the second-longest winning streak in program and womens basketball history to 81 games. And in the process, theyve already beaten three Top 25 opponents this season, including then-No. 2-ranked Baylor.UConn faces four more ranked teams before January 1, including No. 14 Texas on Sunday and No. 1 Notre Dame on Wednesday in South Bend. The Huskies also play No. 9 Ohio State and No. 5 Maryland before January.We dont have that kind of talent that just blows you away like weve had in the past, Auriemma said this week. That means that every single minute of every day, every practice at every game, theyve got to be tough, hard-nosed and really tough.UConn proved that on Thursday, dismantling No. 15 DePaul 91-46 after taking a 22-1 lead in what was supposed to be a serious test against a high-scoring offense. The Huskies defense held DePaul to 25 percent shooting.Forward Kia Nurse said she and her teammates were aware pundits thought theyd be more vulnerable this season after the graduation of stars Breanna Stewart, Morgan Tuck and Moriah Jefferson. She said Auriemma has challenged this group to maintain the programs tradition of excellence.For him to hold us to that standard and remind us that this is how UConn basketball is played, it lights a fire under us, she said. So when we get out in the next practices, the next games, shoot-arounds, we understand that is the expectation here and that is where we need to be.Sophomore Katie Lou Samuelson said the team is still learning chemistry on the court and once the players figure it out, theyll only get better.Last year we understood the three of them (Stewart, Tuck and Jefferson) would go and do what they do every game, she said. Now we have to figure out, OK, who is going to step up and take shots tonight? Who is going step up and make those passes? Its going to be different every night. So thats always difficult, but its also a great thing for our versatility.Auriemma said he doesnt know if the team will keep playing the way it did against Baylor and DePaul, and hes still not quite sure about the caliber of this group. But, he said thats normal for this time of year.And he expects to know a lot more after the run against ranked teams in December.Theres no guarantee like the past couple years that, yeah we got this, Auriemma said. Its a wait and see. Its a process. I just dont want to take any steps back. I dont know how many steps forward were going to take. I just dont want to take any steps back. Steven Wright Jersey .Y. -- Jayna Hefford scored the winning goal Friday as Canada survived a scare with a 4-3 win over Sweden at the Four Nations womens hockey tournament. Fred Lynn Jersey . -- Cam Newton pranced into the end zone, placed his hands over his chest and did his familiar Superman pose. http://www.redsoxjerseyscheap.com/?tag=johnny-pesky-jersey David Ortiz Jersey . Halifax beat the Saint John Sea Dogs 7-5 on the strength of two goals apiece from Nikolaj Ehlers, Matt Murphy and Brent Andrews. Jonathan Drouin also scored and had three assists while Zachary Fucale made 17 saves for the Mooseheads (16-8-0), who led 6-1 after two periods. Carlton Fisk Jersey .C. -- Charlotte Bobcats coach Steve Clifford said after all of these years in the NBA hes still amazed at some of the things LeBron James does. DENVER -- Chris Archer appreciated Tim Beckhams big day at the plate. He valued the infielders encouraging words even more.Archer struck out 11 over six innings for his first win since June 6, Beckham had a career-high five hits and the Tampa Bay Rays beat the Colorado Rockies 11-3 on Wednesday.During the game, Beckham had a little conversation with Archer, who has been in a bit of a funk.He kept telling me, `Hey man, we go as you go -- attack, attack, Archer recounted. Out of the five hits he had, that was the nicest thing he did for me, personally.Archer helped out a cameraman during his postgame interview by informing him his light suddenly went out.A win and a save. Now thats quite a day.I felt like I had good stuff, Archer said. We put some runs on the board. I was able to breathe.He also took some inspiration from rookie Blake Snell, who pitched a gem the night before. Archer (5-13) went out and tried to duplicate it.Nearly did, too.Archer allowed two runs and four hits to halt a slide in which he had lost six of seven starts.Just showed what were capable of, Archer said. Were a talented team.Evan Longoria kept up his hot hitting with two doubles as the Rays took two of three to capture their first road series since June 6-8 at Arizona. Longoria turned in a big series with two doubles, two triples, a homer and five RBI.Jorge De La Rosa (6-7) lasted only four innings and gave up nine runs, seven of them earned. He usually fares well at Coors Field -- with a better home ERA (4.27) than on the road (4.38) since joining Colorado.Everything was bad, De La Rosa said. I threw pitches where I dont have to throw them.Tampa Bay trailed 2-1 before breaking open the game with three runs in third and five more in the fourth.Former Rockies outfielder Corey Dickerson had three hits, including a triple, to increase his career average in this park to .360. He was traded to the Rays last January for reliever Jake McGee.With two doubles Wednesday, Longoria has 50 extra base hits this season. Only one other Tampa Bay player, Aubrey Huff in 2003, had that many through 94 games.Longoria is playing weell as the Aug.dddddddddddd1 deadline approaches for trades without waivers. Archer doesnt want to picture a lineup missing Longoria at third base and batting third.Since the Rays have been relevant, hes been the key guy, Archer said. That would be missed for sure. I dont think thats a realistic possibility. Thats just people floating things out there, just to have some click bait.Archer allowed two runs in the second but quickly settled into a groove. He struck out the side in the fourth and the sixth -- his last pitch a 96 mph fastball that Mark Reynolds couldnt hit.The Rockies were outscored 25-11 in a series against a last-place team.We understood that we were going to face a team that is having a tough time, outfielder Carlos Gonzalez said. We are in a situation where weve got to make things happen -- and it didnt happen.TRAINERS ROOMRays: RHP Alex Cobb (Tommy John surgery) is scheduled to throw a bullpen session Thursday. ... OF Kevin Kiermaier got the day off.FEELING PRESIDENTIALRockies manager Walt Weiss is playfully campaigning for his man: Gerardo Parra.Weiss wore a Parra for President T-shirt before the game. The shirts were created as a joke before the season and Parras teammates constantly wear them.More pressing than getting Parra into the White House is getting him back on the field. The outfielder is on the disabled list with a sprained left ankle.THIS & THATRockies hitting coach Blake Doyle was throw out early in the game for something he said from the dugout to home plate umpire Paul Emmel concerning the strike zone. ... There was review over a tag at home plate in the second inning that lasted 6 minutes, 28 seconds, and had players just standing around. Archer threw warmup pitches.UP NEXTRays: Lefty Matt Moore (5-7) starts a four-game series Thursday in Oakland. Hes gone at least six innings in eight straight starts.Rockies: Righty Chad Bettis (7-6) makes his 20th start of the season when Colorado opens a four-game series against Atlanta. NFL Jerseys From China Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher
1 Mitglied und 1 Gast sind Online:
riluowanying123

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: porter81016
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 7977 Themen und 8202 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor