turnover to put the Jayhawks up 24-22, their first lead of the game. They trailed most of the first half against Eastern Kent

in Mitglieder des Hähnchenführes 11.12.2017 03:52
von jokergreen0220 • 855 Beiträge

KANSAS CITY, Mo. Divock Origi Jersey . -- James Shields picked up his first home win in more than three months and the Kansas City Royals have won seven consecutive series for the first time in 22 years. Shields pitched seven strong innings, Alex Gordon homered and the Kansas City Royals beat the Boston Red Sox 4-3 on Sunday. The Royals improved to 18-5 since the All-Star break, winning every series. The last time they won seven straight series was 1991. "Its huge," Royals manager Ned Yost said. "You cant understate it. The fact of the matter is thats nice, but it doesnt mean anything tomorrow. " Its big, but youve got to keep plugging. I wouldnt classify it as a statement (series) win. But its still the team with the best record came in and we won three out of four. Were playing great baseball right now. We just have to maintain our focus on that." Shields (7-8), who had not won at Kauffman Stadium since an April 30 victory over Tampa Bay, limited the Red Sox to three runs and seven hits over seven innings. He struck out five and walked three. "I feel like ever since the All-Star break, weve been making a statement," Shields said. "Were here to stay and compete. Our bullpen has been phenomenal. Our defence has been great. Were getting some good timely hitting." Gordon hit a 2-2 pitch from John Lackey (7-10) out to right in the third inning for his third homer in five games. "He went through a little down period about a week ago, but the last week hes been really swinging the bat really, really well," Yost said. "The thing about Alex is when he gets hot, he can carry you for a while." Lackey, who is 0-4 in his past five starts, walked David Lough and Eric Hosmer to lead off the first. Gordons two-out single scored Lough to tie it at 1. Shane Victorino scored Bostons first run when he doubled in the first, stole third and came home on catcher Salvador Perezs errant pickoff throw. The Royals scored two runs in the third, with Jarrod Dyson and Lough delivering RBI singles. Dysons hit drove home Mike Moustakas, who doubled to start the inning. Dyson stole second and scored on Loughs flare to shallow right. After a rocky start, Lackey lasted seven innings, giving up four runs and seven hits and two walks, while striking out five. "It was a grind early," Lackey said. "I wasnt feeling really great. I had a couple of 3-2 counts and didnt make my pitch. I was lucky to get the ground ball for the double play in the first and then I found my groove and started to make my pitches." "For me to walk two in one inning let alone to lead off the game is hard to believe. I didnt execute and I lost the game." Ryan Lavarnways two-out single in the sixth scored Daniel Nava and Stephen Drew, trimming the Kansas City lead to 4-3. Drew went 2 for 4 and is hitting .422 in his season-high, 12-game hitting streak. Nava is convinced the Royals are a playoff contender. "Of course," Nava said. "Everyone realizes with their offence and pitching its just a matter of time before they click." Royals relievers Tim Collins, Aaron Crow and Greg Holland, who earned his 32nd save in 34 opportunities, worked two scoreless innings to protect the one-run lead. The bullpen has allowed one run in 20 innings on this homestand. Notes: The Royals obtained IF Jamey Carroll from the Minnesota Twins in a trade after the game for a player to be named or cash considerations. Yost said Carroll would platoon with Chris Getz, when he returns from the disabled list, at second base and backup third and shortstop. ... IF Miguel Tejada, 39, was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right calf as the Royals made seven roster moves. Perez came off the concussion list, while RHP Wade Davis was removed from the family emergency leave list and will start Monday against Miami. IF Irving Falu was recalled from Triple-A Omaha. LHP Donnie Joseph was optioned to Omaha, while C Brett Hayes was designated for assignment. ... Red Sox RHP Clay Buchholz, who was 9-0 with a 1.71 ERA before going on the disabled list June 9 with a neck strain, threw another side session Sunday and is scheduled to throw again Tuesday. "Well get through Tuesday before we determine that," Red Sox manager John Farrell said of sending Buchholz out on a rehab assignment. ... Royals 2B Elliot Johnson is hitless in his past 27 at-bats and 1 for 49 since June 19. Marouane Fellaini Jersey . -- Wes Welker is unlikely to suit up for Denvers game Thursday against San Diego after leaving Sundays win over Tennessee with his second concussion in four games. Michy Batshuayi Jersey .J. -- Fabian Johnson scored his first international goal and Clint Dempsey doubled the lead after a defensive lapse as the United States beat Turkey 2-1 Sunday in the second of three World Cup warm-up matches for the Americans before they head to Brazil. http://www.belgiumsoccerauthority.com/thomas-meunier-belgium-jersey/ . The actual winners on transfer deadline day are those clubs such as Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester City who were well prepared and managed to get their main incoming business done well ahead of the transfer window closing. Tottenham were able to add seven players by spending over 100 million pounds and also ensured maximum return for the Gareth Bale transfer to Real Madrid by managing the move superbly.ST. LOUIS - Kansas knows all about Stanford now. The Cardinal couldnt deny a slight at a news conference a day earlier fueled them just a bit before pulling their second — and much bigger — upset of the NCAA tournament. Kansas freshmen Andrew Wiggins of Vaughan, Ont., and Wayne Selden Jr. ducked their heads and giggled Saturday when asked about Chasson Randle, Stanfords leading scorer. "We definitely saw that video," Randle said Sunday after the No. 10 seed Cardinal beat the second-seeded Jayhawks 60-57 to advance to the Sweet 16 in the South Regional. "Coach told me not to talk about it but I definitely took it as a challenge. It was a little big extra motivation." Enough for the Cardinal to make the Jayhawks the second No. 2 seed to be knocked out of this tournament in the third round and enough for them to reach the round of 16 for the first time since 2008. Wiggins was held to four points on 1-for-6 shooting in what could have been his final college game. He accepted his share of the responsibility for the loss. "I let a lot of people down," Wiggins said. "If I would have played better, we wouldnt be in this situation, you know? I blame myself for this." Torontos Dwight Powell had 15 points and seven rebounds despite playing with four fouls much of the second half and Randle added 13 points, six steals and four assists for the Cardinal (23-12), who were making their first NCAA appearance since 2008. "To beat a team like this, a storied program with great coaching, great players, always feels amazing," Powell said. "So as of right now were still in the race and were still playing in March, and it feels great." Centre Stefan Nastic, from Thornhill, Ont., had 10 points and four rebounds for the Cardinal. Stanford beat No. 7 seed New Mexico on Friday and will have a higher seed for the first time when it faces 11th-seeded Dayton in the regional semifinal in Memphis, Tenn. The Flyers beat No. 3 Syracuse 55-53. The 6-foot-8 Wiggins, a likely NBA lottery pick if he decides to leave school, was saddled with four turnovers for Kansas (25-10). Wiggins had averaged 28 points the previous four games but the Jayhawks were missing 7-foot freshman Joel Embiid who was sidelined by a stress fracture in his back. Coach Bill Self thought Stanfords height up front bothered Wiggins, but added, "I think he had an off-game, too. Mousa Dembele Jersey. Give them credit for that, we put him in position to make some plays." Josh Huestis, who had the primary responsibility for guarding Wiggins, played 39 minutes and had six points, eight rebounds and two blocks. "That was Joshs assignment and he took it to heart," Dawkins said. "He had help. We just tried to make it as difficult as we could for him to score." Self said the game seemed like "a struggle from the opening tip." Everything didnt go right for Stanford, either. The Cardinal were 0 for 9 from 3-point range. "We can make 3s but thats not what we rely on," Dawkins said. "I didnt even notice it because thats not what weve been." Tarik Black had 18 points and six rebounds for the Jayhawks, but he fouled out with 5:25 to go. Conner Frankamp had 12 points on four 3-pointers, the last two in the final 23 seconds to make it close after Stanford had pulled ahead by seven. Stanford was 9 for 12 at the free throw line over the final 2:04 and needed all those points. Frankamps second 3-pointer narrowed the gap to 59-57 with 14.9 seconds left. Anthony Brown hit one of two free throws with 12.9 seconds to go and Frankamp banged a third 3-point attempt off the glass near the buzzer in a bid to tie it. "I knew when that left my hand it was off," Frankamp said. "I didnt get a great look at it." Kansas went to a full-court press down five points with about 11 minutes to play and forced five turnovers the next 6 minutes to tie it Kansas had been 0 for 10 from 3-point range for the tournament, seven of the misses against Eastern Kentucky, before Frankamp connected with 3:34 to go in the half. Frankamp hit another one just before the halftime buzzer off a turnover to put the Jayhawks up 24-22, their first lead of the game. They trailed most of the first half against Eastern Kentucky, too, before pulling away for an 80-69 victory. Powell hit his first shot on a drive after going 0 for 8 against New Mexico on Friday. He had 10 points before drawing his fourth foul early in the second half. Villanova, the No. 2 seed in the East Regional, lost 77-65 to seventh-seeded Connecticut. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: clubenfossy
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 6929 Themen und 7145 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor