d maybe Gonzaga. They also play at Florida S

in Mitglieder des Hähnchenführes 26.07.2018 16:40
von riluowanying123 • 1.565 Beiträge

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Ohio State coach Kevin McGuff said his team accomplished what it set out to do Saturday in a blowout win over less-talented NIU Brooklyn: The Buckeyes improved.Sierra Calhoun scored 22 points and Kelsey Mitchell added 21 as No. 7 Ohio State routed the Northeast Conference team 113-54.Obviously, today was going to be more about us, and how we handled this game and this situation, McGuff said. Because were really trying to focus on ourselves and getting better, and we did that. If we were going make it about the score or something like that, then we were going to get distracted and caught up in some things that we shouldnt be doing.The more aggressive Buckeyes had 18 steals and with a size advantage inside, outrebounded the Blackbirds 56 to 30.Makayla Waterman added 15 points and nine rebounds for Ohio State, and Kiara Lewis had 12 points. Tori McCoy had nine points and 12 rebounds.I think we played good as a team, Calhoun said. I felt like the ball was moving a lot more than it normally does. I feel like were getting better as a team gradually as the games go on.Drew Winter led LIU Brooklyn with 12 points, and Brianna Farris Drew had 10. The Blackbirds are winless in their first three starts.Mitchell, an All-American and arguably the Big Tens best player, was her usual hot-shooting self, going 8 for 11 from the floor, hitting four 3-pointers and dishing five assists.With a front-court size advantage of a couple inches, Ohio State (3-1) dominated under the basket, logging 62 points in the paint compared with zero by the Blackbirds. Ohio State shot 50.4 percent from the floor, while LIU Brooklyn made just 31.5 percent of its shots.Ohio States 11-0 run to begin the game set the tone. The Buckeyes led 32-8 after the first period on the strength of Duke transfer Calhouns 5 for 5 shooting from beyond the arc. The Blackbirds played better in the second period but still trailed 59-20 at the half. Ohio State led by 53 after three quarters.My team did a great job of finding me after they saw I was hitting all those 3s, Calhoun said. Once that first shot goes in your confidence goes up, and I just kept shooting.LIU Brooklyn coach Stephanie Oliver said there were bright spots for her team.It prepared us for our conference, she said. Look, we can score 54 points on a good basketball team. Our out-of-bounds plays work, our offense works. If we can execute against them and get better against them, its really going to help us down the line.BIG PICTURELIU Brooklyn: After their third straight loss by double-digits to open the season, the Blackbirds have much room for improvement.Ohio State: The Buckeyes lighter preconference schedule continues, giving them a chance to work out the bugs before the tougher games begin. They did what they were supposed to do against a less-talented team.Playing teams like this helps us out executing plays, doing the little things, making nice passes, posting up well, McCoy said. It was a learning experience for all of us.INJURY REPORTOhio State forward Stephanie Mavunga got the day off because of what McGuff described as general soreness.POLL IMPLICATIONSOhio State likely will stay put at or around No. 7.UP NEXTLIU Brooklyn: Plays University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee on Friday night at the TD Bank Classic in Burlington, Vermont.Ohio State: Travels to Fort Myers to play Florida Gulf Coast.---Follow Mitch Stacy at http://twitter.com/mitchstacy Authentic Mel Ott Jersey . The Cleveland Indians, Tampa Bay Rays, and Texas Rangers all won on Sunday meaning the Rangers will host the Rays in a play-in game on Monday. Authentic Derek Holland Jersey . -- Ty Montgomery had 290 all-purpose yards and two touchdowns, and fifth-ranked Stanford held on to beat No. http://www.cheapmlbgiantsjerseys.us/ . But by the time the game started, the Toronto Raptors forward felt even worse. And, for three quarters, it showed as Gay shot a woeful three-for-13 from the field. Authentic Matt Williams Jersey .Y. -- Leading 3-0 with only 11:25 left, the Colorado Avalanche committed a seemingly meaningless penalty to give the New York Islanders a power play. Authentic Buster Posey Jersey .C. -- After a listless first half, the Washington Wizards used a big third quarter run to beat the Charlotte Bobcats Bradley Beal scored 21 points and the Wizards used a 17-0 run in the third quarter to take control of what had been a close game and beat the Bobcats 97-83 on Tuesday night. JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Floridas biggest weakness last season looks like it could be a strength now.Justin Leon scored a career-high 17 points, KeVaughn Allen added 13 and the Gators handled Mercer 76-54 on Sunday night.Playing in Jacksonville for the second time in three days, Florida (2-0) celebrated another lopsided victory. Leon, Allen and the Gators improved free-throw shooting had a lot to do with the latest one.Leon was 6-of-10 shooting, including 3 of 5 from 3-point range, and had five rebounds. Allen was 3-of-12 shooting and made all five of his free throws. He added five assists, three boards, two blocks and two steals.Maybe the biggest positive for Florida was its free-throw shooting. The Gators, who ranked 323rd (out of 346 teams) in the NCAA from the stripe last season, hit 20 of 26 in the season opener and then 24 of 30 against Mercer.Hopefully a season-long trend, Florida coach Mike White said. Wed take that in a heartbeat. It feels good to see that thing go in. ... I know its got to feel good for our guys, especially the guys that have struggled in the past and are seeing the rewards of their labor.Rian Holland led the Bears (1-1) with 21 points. Jordan Strawberry, the son of former Major Leaguer Darryl Strawberry, finished with four points.Mercer trimmed a 24-point deficit to 49-34 midway through the second half, but Florida answered with a 15-5 spurt that pushed the lead to 25. The Gators coasted from there, offsetting 36 percent shooting with 20 offensive rebounds and 22 points off 17 turnovers.You can tell they still have another place they can go, Mercer coach Bob Hoffman said. They definitely havent arrived yet. ... I think that teams going to be really special, and theyve only begun. Ive seen a lot of good teams. Im an old dude as you can see by my gray hair, and that team has the pieces to be special.ddddddddddddI will definitely enjoy watching them now that I wont be playing them.Devin Robinson chipped in 12 points and nine rebounds for Florida, which had all 12 players score.It feels good when everybody gets to pick off the tree, Leon said.BIG PICTUREMercer: A preseason pick to finish third in the Southern Conference (behind Chattanooga and Wofford), the Bears have enough talent to do well in league play. Venturing out against power conferences could be a tougher challenge, evidenced by the performance against Florida.Florida: Although playing against an overmatched opponent, the Gators showed again they have the talent and depth to return to -- and maybe make a run in -- the NCAA Tournament after a two-year hiatus.STAR WATCHTwo Basketball Hall of Famers were on hand for the game. Artis Gilmore, who lives in Jacksonville, and Rick Barry, whose youngest son, Canyon, plays for Florida, spent time chatting in the stands at halftime.ROAD WARRIORSThe Gators have won two neutral-site games and will have plenty more chances to build a solid resume. This was the second of 11 consecutive games outside Gainesville for the Gators, who are waiting on completion of a $64.5 million renovation to the OConnell Center. Their nonconference schedule includes neutral-site matchups against Seton Hall, Duke and maybe Gonzaga. They also play at Florida State. That slate could benefit the Gators when it comes time for the NCAA Tournament.UP NEXTMercer gets a week off before playing at Georgia Southern next Sunday, the first of three games in six days.Florida plays St. Bonaventure in Lakeland on Thursday night.---More AP college basketball: http://collegebasketball.ap.org Camo China NFL Jerseys Disocunt Football Jerseys Cheap NFL Gear Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Authentic Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher
1 Mitglied und 6 Gäste sind Online:
zhouyueyue

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Andrewpudge
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 10490 Themen und 10772 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor