Braden Smith Jersey

in Hähnchenführer 14.08.2018 11:12
von linchao • 176 Beiträge

Luis Severino is making a strong case to start the All-Star Game for the American League.

Severino became the majors’ first 12-game winner Braden Smith Jersey , Aaron Hicks and Didi Gregorius homered and the New York Yankees beat the Philadelphia Phillies 6-0 Tuesday night.

Severino (12-2) struck out nine in seven dominant innings, lowering his ERA to 2.10. The ace has allowed three runs or less in 16 of 17 starts.

”It would mean a lot,” Severino said about taking the mound in the Midsummer Classic on July 17. ”But I’m thinking about five more days and what hitters I’ll be facing.”

Jake Arrieta (5-6) had another rough outing for Philadelphia, which had won four consecutive series before losing two straight to the Yankees. Arrieta gave up six runs – three earned – and nine hits in five innings.

Another sellout crowd in Philly made it sound like a home game for the Bronx Bombers, cheering loudly for the team with the best record in the majors. Meanwhile, Phillies fans tried to drown them out by chanting ”E-A-G-L-E-S.”

Hicks hit Arrieta’s third pitch of the game out to straightaway center for his 11th homer. Arrieta was 0-4 with a 6.66 ERA in five starts in June after posting a 0.90 ERA in five starts last month.

An error by second baseman Cesar Hernandez led to three unearned runs in the third. Arrieta has allowed 14 unearned runs this season and has expressed frustration with the team’s defense. The 2015 NL Cy Young Award winner is earning $30 million this season as part of a $75 million, three-year contract he signed as a free agent in March.

With two runners on, Gregorius hit a grounder to Hernandez that should have been an inning-ending double play. But Hernandez flipped wide to shortstop Scott Kingery and all three runners were safe. Arrieta struck out Giancarlo Stanton for the second out. But Gleyber Torres hit a two-run single past third baseman Maikel Franco’s diving attempt. Greg Bird followed with a bloop single to left to make it 4-0.

”It’s always difficult when you get a grounder and we don’t make the play,” Phillies manager Gabe Kapler said. ”We win and lose as a team.”

Austin Romine led off the fourth with a double, advanced to third on a wild pitch and scored on Hicks’ sacrifice fly. Gregorius drove his 15th homer out to right-center in the fifth.

Severino has come a long way in less than two seasons. He was 0-8 with an 8.50 ERA in 11 starts in 2016. But the 24-year-old righty finished third in AL Cy Young voting last year and went to the All-Star Game. Now he’s one of the elite pitchers in baseball.

”Every time I get the ball, I want to win,” he said.

Severino’s fastball was consistently in the upper 90s against the overmatched Phillies.

”The life on his fastball seemed really special,” Yankees manager Aaron Boone said.

Adam Warren and Chasen Shreve each tossed one inning to finish off the six-hitter for the Yankees (52-25).

CONSISTENCY

Severino has allowed three earned runs or fewer in 14 consecutive starts Sean Lee Cowboys Jersey , the longest such streak by a Yankees starter since 2014, when Masahiro Tanaka did it in 16 straight. His 12 wins are the most by a Yankees pitcher before the All-Star break since Tanaka had 12 in 2014.

STREAKING

Kingery has a career-best seven-game hitting streak.

GLOVE WORK

Hicks made a superb catch to rob Rhys Hoskins of extra bases in the eighth, leaping a few feet in front of the wall to grab a deep drive to left-center.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Yankees: Tanaka, on the 10-day disabled list since June 9 with strained left and right hamstrings, threw his second bullpen session. Boone isn’t sure what the next step will be in Tanaka’s rehab.

Phillies: RHP Pat Neshek allowed one run and two hits in one inning in a rehab appearance at Double-A Reading. Neshek, an All-Star last year, hasn’t pitched this season because of shoulder strain.

UP NEXT

RHP Luis Cessa (0-0, 3.00 ERA) will make his first start for the Yankees since last August 14 on Wednesday night. RHP Zach Eflin (5-2, 3.42 ERA) takes the mound for Philadelphia in the series finale.

LeBron James looked at the clock and scoreboard and didn’t flinch.

It was time to fix things. His time. Closing time.

”He gets that look,” Cavaliers forward Kyle Korver said.

James scored 13 of his 33 points in the fourth quarter and rallied Cleveland from a 17-point deficit to stun the Washington Wizards 119-115 on Thursday night to maintain the No. 3 playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.

The Cavs trailed 104-87 with 7:35 left before storming back behind James, who added 14 assists, nine rebounds and made sure coach Tyronn Lue got a win in his return after missing nine games due to health reasons.

Cleveland was down 14 when James checked in with 7:48 left, and 13 seconds later Leighton Vander Esch Jersey Elite , the deficit swelled to 17 when the three-time champion took off on one of those runs that have made him famous.

”I don’t have a quit bone in me, so if I’m on the floor I’ve got to try to make plays happen no matter what the score is,” he said. ”That’s just my mindset.”

Jeff Green added 21 points and Kevin Love had 16 for the Cavs, who are 10-1 since March 17, when Lue was forced to leave a game in Chicago with ”piercing” chest pains. Lue, who has changed his diet and is taking sleep medication, has come back to a Cleveland team that seems to be hitting its stride just in time for the playoffs.

But it took another of those patented James’ comebacks to down the Wizards, who have dropped seven of nine and are in a three-way battle with Milwaukee and Miami for playoff positioning.

Wizards coach Scott Brooks said he feared James would do exactly what he did.

”Like I said before the game, I’ll say it after the game and probably five years from now I’ll say the same thing,” he said. ”He’s the best player in the league and he does that every night. You don’t get to see players like him often.”

Washington’s John Wall looked more like his speedy All-Star self in his third game back from knee surgery, scoring 28 points with 14 assists. But he had a costly turnover in the closing seconds and the Wizards couldn’t put away the Cavs down the stretch.

Bradley Beal added 19 points, and Otto Porter had 18 for Washington.

A basket by Markieff Morris gave the Wizards a 110-100 lead with 3:16 left, but James scored six straight Eli Manning Jersey Youth , fed Green for layup, and Rodney Hood made two free throws to complete a 10-0 run by the Cavs. Morris then converted a three-point play, but Cleveland’s Kyle Korver knocked down a 3 in front of Washington’s bench – from nearly the same spot where he missed a big 3 in Game 3 of last year’s Finals.

”Yeah I was wide open and the ball was in the perfect pocket,” Korver said. ”I got to line it up and shoot it.”

Green’s two free throws – on a tough call against Wall, who appeared to make a clean steal – gave the Cavs a 116-115 lead, but after Walls missed a short jumper, James split a pair of three throws, giving Washington one last chance.

Wall drove the lane but instead of going to the basket, he attempted a twisting pass outside that was stolen by rookie Cedi Osman, who made two free throws to close it out.

”I already knew on the play before that I wasn’t going to get the call, so why even put myself in that position?” Wall said. ”I tried to find a teammate for a wide open shot. You just give that guy credit for making a great defensive stop.”

SEEDING

The Wizards remained in the No. 7 spot, sandwiched between the Heat and Bucks, who lost at home to Brooklyn.

MORE INJURIES

Lue came back to a familiar situation as the Cavs Cheap Nick Chubb Jersey , who have endured injuries for months, were missing point guards Jose Calderon (hamstring) and George Hill (ankle).

TIP-INS

Wizards: Brooks said Wall will not play Friday night. He’s yet to play consecutive game since returning. … Wall lost weight during his recovery, and coach Scott Brooks said that should help the All-Star going forward. ”It’s going to be good for his long-term recovery,” Brooks said. ”It’s good for him. It’s good for us. He just needs to gets some reps.”

Cavaliers: Won their eighth straight at home. … James has scored 30 points in 429 games, tying Kareem Abdul-Jabbar for fifth place in league history. … Osman is the seventh different starting point guard for Cleveland, which because of injuries has had 29 starting lineups. … Lue was sorry to learn Celtics guard Kyrie Irving will miss the playoffs. Irving had a great run with Cleveland and will be forever remembered for his go-ahead 3-pointer in the closing minutes of Game 7 in the 2016 Finals. ”He was a big part of what we did here, a big part of winning the championship and even though he’s on another team you still don’t want to see anyone go through that,” Lue said.

UP NEXT

Wizards: Host Atlanta on Friday night.

Cavaliers: At Philadelphia on Friday night.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: yruibuassq
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9274 Themen und 9555 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor