Seattle’s James Paxton has experienced

in Hähnchenführer 25.08.2018 07:45
von linzhihong18 • 145 Beiträge

Green Bay Packers offensive lineman Lucas Patrick hasn't played baseball since he was a child. With one swing of the bat Adidas Daniel Sedin Jersey , he broke the nose of one of the "faces of the franchise."

At the Green & Gold Charity Softball Game on Saturday in Grand Chute, Patrick's line drive struck linebacker Clay Matthews in the face, breaking the long-haired star's nose.

"I talked with him immediately after it happened," Patrick said Monday. "I went up, and he was as calm and cool as could be. He's a tough guy to hop up like he did. He helped settle my nerves. I felt terrible, of course."

Patrick called it "one of those fluke things" that happens in baseball. Matthews was pitching at the time.

Matthews, who has not taken part in workouts following offseason knee surgery, was not at Monday's practice. He likely will have surgery on his nose later this week, coach Mike McCarthy said.

"I talked to him again today. He's a nice guy and (I'm) praying for him. Hope everything heals up. He was as good a guy as you could be during that Baker Mayfield Jersey ," Patrick said.

Matthews has posted on Twitter that he was thankful the injury wasn't more serious. Despite a scare involving one of his premier players, McCarthy said is still OK with participation in the charity game.

"Anytime your players give back, charity involved in the community, that's a great day for the fans. I mean they sell it out every year," McCarthy said. "Yeah, I'm not going to overreact to this."

Matthews and receiver Davante Adams were co-captains for the game, taking the place of Jordy Nelson, who was released in March.

Patrick has been starting at left guard in place of Lane Taylor, who had offseason ankle surgery. When training camp begins in late July Natrell Jamerson Jersey Elite , Patrick and Justin McCray will be the front-runners to fill the vacancy at right guard, where veteran Jahri Evans started last season.

"It's been huge," Patrick said. "The best part is I can go with Lane after every practice and be like, 'Hey, on this set, I was seeing this, feeling this.' And he gives me his take on what I should do, what I can do better, or if he thinks what I'm doing is pretty good."

The Packers are in the last week of voluntary workouts. Mandatory minicamp takes place next week.

The only player who has not participated in the practices is safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix.

"Ha Ha Authentic Da'Shawn Hand Jersey , just like a number of veterans, when we start the offseason program, we go through everybody's individual schedule," McCarthy said. "Things do come up, so he's had a personal situation that he's attended to, so I have no concerns."

A look at what’s happening around the majors Saturday:

SOX SEEING DEAD RED

A couple of Boston’s top hitters could be in line for a big weekend in Kansas City. Heading into the series opener Friday night, Mookie Betts, J.D. Martinez and Mitch Moreland had gone a combined 15 for 27 (.556) with six home runs in three games against the Royals. The trio will have another opportunity to feast on Kansas City pitching on Saturday night when 22-year-old rookie Brad Keller takes the mound for the Royals. Keller has a 2.09 ERA in 56 innings this season and is making his seventh start.

RAY’S REBOUND

Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Robbie Ray looked sharp during his first start since missing two months with an oblique strain, throwing six scoreless innings in a win over Miami. Ray wasn’t nearly as effective in his last start when he allowed six runs in five innings against St. Louis. He is hoping to bounce back when he takes the mound against the San Diego Padres.

CY SEVERINO?

New York Yankees ace Luis Severino made the jump to Cy Young Award contender last season http://www.redskinsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-geron-christian-jersey , finishing third in the American League voting after posting a 14-6 record and 2.98 ERA. The 24-year-old right-hander has been even better this season, leading the AL in wins (13) and ERA (1.98). Severino will try to add to his stellar resume and help New York keep pace with Boston when he takes the mound at Toronto.

PRIMED PAXTON

Seattle’s James Paxton has experienced plenty of success this season, like his no-hitter against Toronto on May 8. The left-hander had his best start since the no-hitter in his last outing, striking out 11 while pitching eight innings of two-hit ball in a 1-0 win over Kansas City. Paxton will try to continue his breakout season when the Mariners hosts the Colorado Rockies.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: jevntkzolr
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9319 Themen und 9600 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor