chdowns tie him for second in the NFL. Murray also ha

in Mitglieder des Hähnchenführes 31.08.2018 16:36
von riluowanying123 • 2.174 Beiträge

LONDON -- Before looking ahead to the Wimbledon final between Serena Williams and Angelique Kerber on Saturday, take a moment to look back at the Americans second-round match last week.After dropping the opening set against Christina McHale in a ragged tiebreaker, Williams plopped herself in her sideline chair and proceeded to smack her racket repeatedly against the grass, before flinging the equipment so far behind her that it landed in the lap of a TV cameraman.That display earned six-time Wimbledon champion Williams a $10,000 fine. And, more importantly, she has won all 10 sets shes played since.Sometimes when I release that energy, I get kind of calm, Williams said. I just sometimes feel like maybe I need to release.So maybe there was something to the theory, espoused by some, that Williams has been having so much trouble winning her 22nd Grand Slam title because she cared too much about tying Steffi Grafs Open-era record.Listen to the way Williams described the state of her game heading into Saturdays final:I feel good. I felt great in other tournaments, as well. But I feel a little different, Williams said. I just feel more relaxed and more at peace than I may have been in the past.A few minutes later, she was asked to elaborate on what, exactly, she meant.Well, you know, just sometimes, when you are fighting, sometimes you want something so bad, it can hinder you a little bit, Williams explained. Now Im just a little bit more calm.The No. 1 player in the WTA rankings insisted, meanwhile, that her so-close-yet-so-far pursuit of Graf has not been weighing on her.My goal has never been 22, Williams said after her 48-minute workout of a 6-2, 6-0 semifinal victory over Elena Vesnina on Thursday. I dont talk about that anymore.Since winning Wimbledon a year ago for her fourth consecutive Grand Slam title and 21st of her career, Williams count has stalled.She lost to Roberta Vinci in the U.S. Open semifinals, to Kerber in the Australian Open final, and to Garbine Muguruza in the French Open final.That meeting on a hard court at Melbourne in January was the first major title match for Kerber, a 28-year-old from Germany who considers Graf an idol and has received advice from her.Speaking about Kerbers play in the three-set Australian Open final, Williams said: She came out swinging, ready to win. She was fearless. Thats something I learned. When I go into a final, I, too, need to be fearless like she was.The No. 4-seeded Kerbers left-handed, counter-punching game -- watch during baseline exchanges as she bends so low that a knee touches the ground -- gave Williams trouble that day. Its also created problems for every opponent this fortnight: Kerber has won all 12 sets shes played so far, including during a 6-4, 6-4 victory over Williams older sister Venus in the semifinals.Might Venus offer Serena any advice about how to beat Kerber?Ill give her a few pointers, Venus said. For the most part, shes got to go out there and play the match she wants to play, not that I want her to play.Williams-Kerber II represents the first time in a decade that two women play each other in a pair of Grand Slam finals in the same season: Amelie Mauresmo defeated Justine Henin for the Australian Open and Wimbledon titles in 2006.Can Kerber go 2-for-2 against Williams?I will just try to (go) out there like in Australia, Kerber said, trying to show her, `OK, Im here to win the match, as well. I know that I have to play my best tennis to beat her in the final.---Follow Howard Fendrich on Twitter at http://twitter.com/HowardFendrich cheap nhl jerseys . -- Running backs Darren McFadden and Rashad Jennings were back at practice for the Oakland Raiders on Wednesday despite being hampered by hamstring injuries. wholesale adidas nhl jerseys . The Lightning are 2-0 so far on a four-game road trip, giving the club five straight wins as the guest and improving Tampas away record this season to 11-8-2. http://www.cheapnflauthenticjerseys.net/ . -- Running backs Darren McFadden and Rashad Jennings were back at practice for the Oakland Raiders on Wednesday despite being hampered by hamstring injuries. cheap nfl jerseys wholesale .J. Jefferson has been charged with assaulting his girlfriend. wholesale authentic jerseys . During the athletes parade, the 23-strong Ukrainian team was represented by a lone flagbearer in an apparent protest at the presence of Russian troops in Ukraines Crimean peninsula. MIAMI -- The Miami Dolphins begin an NFL-record homestand hoping to play better at home.Tennessee visits Sunday, the first of four consecutive games at Hard Rock Stadium for the Dolphins. Theres a bye after the third game, meaning Miami wont play on the road again until Nov. 13.Thats 46 days between away games, a record, and an ideal time for a turnaround.But the Dolphins havent exactly dominated in recent years at home, going 12-12 since 2013. That includes an overtime victory against woeful Cleveland in Week 3 for the Dolphins lone win this season. Theyre 0-3 on the road.Obviously 17-0 is out the window, receiver Jarvis Landry said. Yes, we have four home games and a bye mixed up in there somewhere. But were not looking ahead; were not looking back. Were looking at the Tennessee Titans.Here are things to know about the matchup between 1/3 teams:PLAYING AT HOME: Hurricane Matthew raised concerns about the NFL being forced to move the game to Nashville. But first-year Miami coach Adam Gase is eager to create a home-field advantage and ratchet up the atmosphere for fans who havent had a lot to cheer about during the Dolphins seven-season playoff drought.The home opener against Cleveland was a sellout, but many fans fled for the exits during the latter stages of an ugly win.I felt like last game the crowd was great, Gase said. They were very energetic, especially when our defense was on the field. It got loud quite a bit. We have to put out a better product than we showed the last time. Thats what this season is going to be about for us. Weve got to keep getting better every week. If we do that, I think that the crowd will keep getting louder and louder and louder.MIAMI FRONT FOUR: The Dolphins pass rush was expected to be a strength, but theyre tied for ninth with 10 sacks, as former Pro Bowl ends Mario Williams and Cameron Wake have only one sack apiece.Miami has forced just one interception while allowing a passer rating of 98.4, which is ninth worst. Opponents have countered the rush with lots of three-step drops.Weve got to try to find a way to stop the quick throws -- tighter coverage, or us getting our hands up, or whatever, Williamms said.dddddddddddd Weve got to figure something out, because it is more often than not quick passes so far.Quarterback Marcus Mariota and the Titans are likely to try the same approach, mindful of the importance in neutralizing a group that also includes Pro Bowl tackle Ndamukong Suh.Those guys, when theyre in a one-on-one matchup, thats when they make their money, Titans center Ben Jones said. Theyve got five good rushers. Suh, Wake, Mario -- they can get after the passer any time. You have to know where they are and get up on them.RUN DEMARCO RUN: Titans running back DeMarco Murray is looking like the player who led the NFL with 1,845 yards rushing in 2014 with Dallas. Murray already has 340 yards rushing and 496 yards from scrimmage, and his five total touchdowns tie him for second in the NFL. Murray also has 25 first downs, second only to Dallas running back Ezekial Elliott.Combined with Mariota, thats why the Titans rank fourth in the NFL, averaging 127 yards rushing per game.ROAD MARIOTA: Mariota is coming off a poor performance in last weeks 27-20 loss at Houston.Mariota threw for only 202 yards with a passer rating of 54.1. But since entering the NFL, Mariota has been one of the leagues best away from home. In eight games, he has thrown for 1,814 yards with 12 touchdowns and only three interceptions, with one of those last week. He has a 98.5 passer rating that puts him behind only Josh McCown, Russell Wilson, Andy Dalton, Tom Brady and Derek Carr on the road.TRASH TALK: Wake will butt heads with Titans tackles Taylor Lewan and Jack Conklin, and offered a candid assessment of them.Theyre big, theyre slow and theyre ugly, just like most of the ones we have here, Wake said. Us fast, pretty guys like to take advantage of them.---AP Sports Writer Teresa Walker in Nashville, Tennessee contributed to this report.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Steven Wine on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Steve-Wine. His work can be found at http://bigstory.ap.org/content/steven-wine Cheap NFL T-shirts Discount Jerseys Wholesale NFL Gear Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping China Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Stitched Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher
1 Mitglied und 4 Gäste sind Online:
nathantonieg

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: nathantonieg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 14980 Themen und 15407 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor