player and the

in Hähnchenführer 18.09.2018 10:15
von linzhihong18 • 145 Beiträge

LOS ANGELES — The Pittsburgh Pirates headed north by bus Sunday evening to see if the roller-coaster ride will continue.

Fresh off a series victory at San Diego Matt Haack Jersey , capped by a 7-5 victory Sunday, the Pirates are now in Los Angeles for the first of three games Monday, having won four of their last six games.

That winning run came after a five-game losing streak. The five games before that? The Pirates won four of them.

The Dodgers have been a bit steadier of late, going 17-9 in June to keep pace with the first-place Arizona Diamondbacks in the National League West. But the end of June was a bit of a struggle as the Dodgers lost four of their last five before the calendar flipped. They opened July with a 6-4 win over the Colorado Rockies on Sunday.

Not only did the Dodgers’ offense take off in June, to the tune of 55 home runs to set a franchise record for a month, the pitching staff got healthy again … literally.

Alex Wood (4-5, 4.00 ERA) will take the mound Monday, looking and feeling much better after nagging leg cramps early in the year.

Wood went seven innings against the Chicago Cubs in his last outing Wednesday, his longest start since his season debut on March 30 when he worked eight innings against the San Francisco Giants.

An All-Star for the first time last season, Wood is once again starting to look like the pitcher who can rise to the occasion on a nightly basis.

“I’m still looking for consistency out of my sinker, but the breaking ball was a lot better,” Wood told reporters after his most recent start. “Overall Ted Ginn Jr Jersey , it was pretty good.”

The Dodgers also have Clayton Kershaw back recently from a lower back injury and Rich Hill returned from a blister on his left middle finger. Both left-handers will face the Pirates this week.

Pittsburgh announced Sunday that Nick Kingham (2-3, 3.82) will start the series opener at Dodger Stadium. He will take the spot of Chad Kuhl, who is on the DL with a forearm strain.

The Pirates (40-43) know that getting some length on their current winning ways can get them to .500 soon, possibly by the All-Star break that starts in two weeks.

“We’re starting to show a little bit of resiliency here the last week or so,” Pirates infielder Josh Harrison said, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “A team that (is) not making any excuses, which is refreshing because at the end of the day we know what we have to do and that’s come to show up every day.

“It’s been some ups and downs, but every team goes through ups and downs, and a lot of guys here are riding that wave of knowing that any day can be that day that we turn it around.”

Wood is 2-2 with a 2.86 ERA in eight career games (seven starts) against the Pirates. He has not faced Pittsburgh since last season. Kingham, a rookie, has not pitched against the Dodgers in any of his first six appearances.

He's 41 now but the joy is still there for Tom Brady.

"It's a blessing to be able to do it," the New England quarterback said Friday as he awaits his 19th NFL season with Sunday's home game against the Houston Texans. "I love playing football. I love the sport and I've been doing it for a long time so I'm not sure what life would be like without it."

He got a taste of that 10 years ago when he was lost for the season in the opening game and he was suspended for the first four games of the 2016 season for Deflategate.

"I've had a few experiences where I haven't been out there Ja'Wuan James Jersey , and I haven't liked those very much," he said.

"I love playing football," he added. "I love being out there, the preparation, what it takes to be a great player. Those things are still very enjoyable for me and there's no place I'd rather be Sunday afternoon at 1 o'clock, playing here and playing well."

Patriots running back James White says Brady comes ready to work every day.

"Competitor, from eating (right) to studying, to getting to know his teammates, he knows who everybody in this locker room inside and out," he said. "Just the way he works, you just want to emulate a guy like that 鈥?all the success that he's had in this league. He's a great leader for us and there's no better example that you want to follow."

Brady, who recently said he'd like to play until he's 45 Art Shell Jersey , says his experience is a true asset as he seeks a sixth Super Bowl title.

"I think you can use it to a real advantage if you do things the right way," he said. "I feel like I have a lot of experience, a lot of knowledge and I plan to use it. I mean, football's fun for me. I feel like I can go out there, I can anticipate a lot of things. I've seen all the coverages 鈥?we have a lot of answers to the test. Now you just got to go do it.

"Most athletes, by the time you get to a certain point you start to figure it out mentally and physically it becomes really hard. So, trying to be my best physically and be my best mentally and that's a good place to be."

As for his conditioning, Brady says he is comfortable with his situation concerning his personal trainer, Alex Guerrero. Guerrero was removed from team flights last season but has reappeared as a sign of some sort of understanding involving coach Bill Belichick.

"We work together," Brady said. "I don't want to bring on any drama this year 鈥?just focus on what I want to do and be a great football player for this team and try to be a good example in the locker room and provide great leadership. That's where my focus is 鈥?I know we want to often times talk about a lot of other things, but I just really want to stick to football."

Brady starts this season with Danny Amendola now in Miami and Julian Edelman suspended for the first four games for a PED violation. There are five wide receivers on the roster, two of them added in the last five days.

"I have confidence in them Lorenzo Alexander Jersey , certainly," he said. "Phillip (Dorsett) and Chris (Hogan) obviously I played a lot with them last year, Cordarrelle (Patterson) is new and he's done some good things, obviously, the reason why he's here. He's a really good player and he's been productive in the league.

"To be on this team, you have to be a good football player and the guys that are out there certainly I have a lot of confidence in."

Brady refused comment on the airing of Colin Kaepernick's first Nike ad, saying, "I really want to focus on football . get ready for the Texans. They're a great team."

Football Jerseys Wholesale From China

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: jevntkzolr
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9319 Themen und 9600 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor