g a full-face mask. ... It

in Mitglieder des Hähnchenführes 26.12.2017 06:56
von jokergreen0220 • 540 Beiträge

KAMLOOPS, B. Patrick Peterson Jersey .C. -- B.C. Lions head coach Mike Benevides says his team has a better handle on what makes Khalif Mitchell tick this time around. The hulking defensive tackle helped the Lions win the 2011 Grey Cup, however a series of incidents on an off the field the following season precipitated a trade to the Toronto Argonauts prior to the 2013 campaign. The mercurial Mitchell rebounded in Toronto and asked for his release from the Argos to pursue NFL opportunities this winter, but when those failed to materialized the Lions surprised the rest of the CFL by bringing him back into the fold. "I think hes a person thats matured. Hes a person thats experienced some things," Benevides said at training camp this week. "The biggest thing I see is everybody else understanding who he is. "I think hes very conscious of whats occurring and whats going on around him. What people need to know is he is not a bad person. Hes a good person." Benevides would know. He was the Lions defensive co-ordinator back in 2011 when Mitchell had his best season, compiling 33 tackles and six sacks. "I see everybody understanding who he is and sometimes you have a misconception or you dont understand someone and that sometimes creates issues," said Benevides. "Khalif is a very charismatic guy, hes a very passionate guy. He enjoys the game. His teammates and his team and the guys around him are very important to him." But it was those teammates who wanted him out the door after the six-foot-six, 315-pound Mitchell made headlines for all the wrong reasons in 2012. The league suspended him two games for violently hyperextending the arm of an opponent that July before fining him an unspecified amount for making multiple throat-slashing gestures in another game. Mitchell was then fined and suspended again for violating the CFLs social media policy after using a racial slur on Twitter. Benevides said the teams leadership group was consulted when the idea to was first floated to bring Mitchell back, and it was agreed that all parties could move on and work towards winning the Grey Cup, which the Lions host in November. "It was a long process and discussion. There was a lot of guys that I spoke to and they were the ones who said Bring him back in the room," said Benevides. "At the end of the day we all have a job to do and thats win." But while his coach has seen growth and maturity, the 29-year-old Mitchell emphasized hes still the same person in many ways. "I havent changed who I am. Even when I came back to B.C. I was like Im going to be Khalif and they were like We understand that," said Mitchell, referring to himself in the third person. "I think a lot of people dont understand who Khalif is because a lot of people only see me in football or from the negative things that Ive produced in the media." Lions running back Andrew Harris expressed delight when Mitchell was traded last year, tweeting "Good riddance!!!!" after the deal with the Argos was announced. The Winnipeg native said hes willing to move on because of Mitchells unique skill set and a hope that he has learned from his mistakes. "Khalif is a beast. Hes a guy that can help us win football games, and thats the most important things," said Harris. "All the off-field stuff that happened in the past, its just maturing from that now. Things happen with people and youve just got to move on from that and trust that there will be better judgement in the future. "Theres definitely no animosity between us. Were teammates now and were just working together for the one goal and thats the Grey Cup." Lions linebacker Solomon Elimimian added that there werent any awkward conversations when Mitchell walked back into the locker-room. "I think the guys all know Khalif, and thats the biggest thing for us," said Elimimian. "We know that hes a good guy. We know he means well. We know that hes a very bright man. But also the thing is hes a great football player and thats what we need in the locker-room and on the field." Lions defensive back Ryan Phillips said it was made clear to Mitchell upon his return that he can be himself as long as it doesnt hurt the team. "Just understand that theres consequences to mistakes," said Phillips. "Hes grown up from that. We know the dominant player he can be as long as hes focused on football." Theres no doubt that Mitchell will help an already solid defence get better. The Lions surrendered the second fewest rushing yards per game (94.4) in 2013, but allowed the second most rushing touchdowns (17) and recorded the third fewest sacks (45). Mitchell put the drama from 2012 behind him and nearly matched his 2011 numbers while playing with Toronto last season, registering 32 tackles and five sacks. "In order to be successful in our division, youve got to be very good against the run. Youve got to be big inside," said Benevides. "Hes another big, effective body that can have an impact in the interior line of scrimmage, and good teams win at the line of scrimmage." Mitchell said he never expected to return to the West Coast after his messy divorce with the Lions last year, but is ready to do what he does best -- stop the run and get after the quarterback. "I definitely wasnt expecting to come back. Im sure when they told me Good riddance and Bye they werent expecting me to come back either," he said. "Im here now and regardless of what the situation was, at the end of the day weve got to win a championship." David Johnson Jersey . -- The court fight over NFL concussions should heat up soon as a judge in Philadelphia weighs the fairness of the proposed $765 million settlement. Justin Bethel Jersey . In his first game with Boston University, the 17-year-old Eichel picked up five assists as his Boston University Terriers thumped St. http://www.thecardinalsshoponline.com/karlos-dansby-cardinals-jersey-87/ . The 23-year-old McNabb was an All-Star with the American Hockey Leagues Rochester Americans this season, posting seven goals and 22 assists in 38 games. In 12 games with the Sabres this season, McNabb has accumulated six penalty minutes and a plus-1 rating. He has scored one goal and seven assists in 37 career games with the Sabres, who originally selected him in the third round (66th overall) of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. BUFFALO, N.Y. -- A quick start paid off for the Columbus Blue Jackets on Thursday. Marian Gaborik had a goal and two assists and the Blue Jackets kept the Buffalo Sabres winless with a 4-1 victory. Cam Atkinson, Nick Foligno and Brandon Dubinsky also scored for Columbus. Sergei Bobrovsky made 26 saves for the Blue Jackets. "Guys played hard," Bobrovsky said. "They blocked shots. They played good systematically in the zone. They played really well." The Blue Jackets scored three first-period goals to get the early edge on Buffalo. "When youre struggling, theres doubt," Columbus coach Todd Richards said. "As a team that comes in, you need to create that doubt, help bring it back." Thomas Vanek scored for Buffalo and Ryan Miller stopped 29 of 33 shots for the Sabres, who fell to 0-4-1 on the season. Its the clubs worst start since they went 0-5-2 to open the 1999-2000 season. The Sabres have scored just five times in their first five games. "We have guys in here that can make plays," Miller said. "We just have to get past this little hump were having trouble with and you cant just work hard get a puck and not do anything with it. We have to start doing things with it." Miller was playing his first game since injuring his groin last Friday against the Ottawa Senators. Atkinson opened the scoring with a goal at 1:51 of the first. Gaborik and James Wisniewski had the assists. "We were fortunate to get one on our first shift of the game and any time that happens it gives you a little confidence, a little extra jump in your step," Dubinsky said. The Sabres tied the game on Vaneks second goal of the sseason at 8:50 of the first. Deone Bucannon Jersey. The goal was the 252nd of his career and moves him into a tie with Craig Ramsay for fifth on the teams goal scoring list. "There was some creativity out there," Miller said. "We had a nice first goal and some other good plays, mostly because were moving our feet and the game was faster." Foligno put the Blue Jackets back ahead 2-1 at 16:35 of the first on a backhand past Miller. And Gaborik got his second of the season at 18:48 to make it 3-1. Dubinsky scored at 2:11 of the second for his first goal of the season to make it 4-1. Gaborik and David Savard had the assists. The line of Gaborik, Dubinsky and Atkinson combined for six points. "Playing with some pretty good players," Atkinson said. "The chemistry between us three has definitely grown. Its fun to play with those guys." The Sabres continue to look for answers, but Miller said their confidence isnt shaken. "I know we can do it," he said. "We just have to step up here and make it better." Notes: The win was Columbus first in Buffalo since Nov. 14, 2008. ... Defenceman Mike Weber was a minus-4. ... Shortly after Columbus opened the scoring, two fights broke out as Cody McCormick fought Dalton Prout and Patrick Kaleta fought Jared Boll. ... Kaleta returned to the game wearing a full-face mask. ... It was the third time Columbus forward Nick Foligno faced off against his younger brother, Marcus. Nicks teams have won two of three. ... The Sabres travel to Chicago to play the Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday night and the Blue Jackets host the Boston Bruins on Saturday afternoon. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher
1 Mitglied und 2 Gäste sind Online:
liny195

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: peerman8714
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3145 Themen und 3235 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor